- A bicep cutter exerts so much pressure it leaves blood blisters. They look a lot like your shoulder after having a shotgun kick into it. Because the pressure was on my bicep and forearm I have a matching set.
- My finger tips are toughing up. Around my finger nails it used to be sore from gripping the gi after class. Now I’ve developed calluses that have helped them toughen. They are still a little sore after but not near as much after class.
- I’ve forgotten the guillotine escape from in guard. I had both legs of a white belt named Ethan in class today. I was getting ready to inch my way up to cross body or mount. The next thing I knew he had me in a guillotine. I was so surprised I let go of his legs and he put in his guard. I got my arm over his should for the escape but couldn’t remember the rest from there. Yes, I tapped. I’m not proud of it but that’s what I get. I know the technique I’m going to practice at home this week.
- My breathing technique has improved. I’ve been focusing on getting more oxygen during periods of inactive during a roll. It feels good to have more oxygen during a roll. Breath in through the nose and out through the mouth, fill those lungs, and repeat.
- I’ve been coasting. Its so easy to coast. The next thing you know your lead shrinks and all the sudden you realize the pack is over taking you or is passing you.
Jiu-Jitsu is Life and Life is Jiu-Jitsu